The Animator

Community Thread

FAQs - feature requests

Dan
3yr ago

Some common feature requests I get and some answers so you know 😁

Can we have sound/music?

Sorry, no. Copyright and abuse issues will be impossible for me to manage.

Can we import/upload images?

No, same issues as above

Can we have layers in the editor?

I am considering it. It is complex and needs a complete overhaul of the way the editor works.

Can we have higher resolution animations?

Working on it. May take some time.

Can we see people's online status?

Probably not. It places much higher demands (and costs) on my server. I'm not sure about safety implications too.

Can we collaborate with animations?

I won't make a realtime collaboration tool. It's too complex and server intensive. I have ideas for other ways to collaborate in the future.

Can we have private messaging?

I definitely will not do this for safety reasons.

1262 older comments  

@Dan very needed for long animations or ones that cover the screen a decent amount. making it so we can select tabs to not show onion skins it would be a mode where u press da button then confirm and finally select the frames

Edited by @so_cool_man

@Dan how about the Red 255 Blue 255 Green 255? It would help a lot of people find "new" colors

@so_cool_man

Hey, I can tell you how to turn onion skins on/off.

So first in Editor, you can go to the top left corner and select "View." From there you can select "Show onion skins." It should be on automatically so you can just press it and the checkmark will go away, indicating the onion skins are off.

Oh whoops i can't read properly - sorry about that, but I hope this still helps for some people.

cloud
1mo ago

@Dan can you add a feature which lets you add a banner for your profile page? also add the ability to flip the canvas, it would be super useful

show/hide onion button

@so_cool_man said:

easy way for non-touch pads without mouses to draw like touch to draw instead of tap if possible somehow
( im going to gain carpel tunnel )

u cant do this cus its literally a hardware thing but when i had a trackpad id click and drag

DogDay
1mo ago

yeah click and drag always.

DogDay
1mo ago

@BubblesFlew said:

show/hide onion button

honestly I just add a new frame between the frames lol

DogDay
1mo ago

@spoinko

have like a clipboard- or even a public clipboard so other people can use frames you copy.

It would be cool to set custom colors like how they have on Geometry Dash Editor where you can have like 100 saved colors and we could use them between anims (would save us the hassle of using HEX:Codes

DogDay
1mo ago

@so_cool_man

so people don't take up the whole editor like a few years ago

domb
1mo ago

@Dan a higher pen size than 30. for regular resolution 30 is fine. but once you get beyond 800 by 800, it becomes hard to draw smooth lines because of the small pen size(relatively)

lasso toolllllllllllll

@Dan

def need to be able to place background on frames without having to repeatedly draw the background when animating

Edited by @so_cool_man

Orca
13d ago

@Dan add a feature in which upon mentioning Baymax he will state the exact time and date of your death shortly before IP banning you from The Animator, making the user unable to log back in to check whether or not what they read was real or not.

DogDay
10d ago

@so_cool_man

there is a way to do that already.

DogDay
10d ago

Bigger Screen sizes?!?!?!??!?!?! Please move it up to 2000, I want to draw more detailed but im stuck with a square. Anyways, I also wanted to suggest adding 𝐁𝐎𝐋𝐃 to titles so they dont get mixed up with the

"By xxxxx". Idk, it would look more cleaner

spoinko
7d ago

bios :D

Stability on brushes

Please sign in to post a comment