The Animator

Community Thread

FAQs - feature requests

Dan
3yr ago

Some common feature requests I get and some answers so you know šŸ˜

Can we have sound/music?

Sorry, no. Copyright and abuse issues will be impossible for me to manage.

Can we import/upload images?

No, same issues as above

Can we have layers in the editor?

I am considering it. It is complex and needs a complete overhaul of the way the editor works.

Can we have higher resolution animations?

Working on it. May take some time.

Can we see people's online status?

Probably not. It places much higher demands (and costs) on my server. I'm not sure about safety implications too.

Can we collaborate with animations?

I won't make a realtime collaboration tool. It's too complex and server intensive. I have ideas for other ways to collaborate in the future.

Can we have private messaging?

I definitely will not do this for safety reasons.

1290 older comments Ā 

_LEE
2mo ago

make sure that the setting is on "replace" and not new or whatever. also it *WILL* delete everything on that layer on that frame that was on it before you did that

undood
1mo ago

@Dan

Might there be a phone update in the future because the only thing I can do on this site with my phone is talk and Iā€™d like to be able to draw and animate too when my pc isnā€™t available. The buttons are too big and the canvas is too small and you canā€™t really do anything. thatā€™s just from me though and I donā€™t know how itā€™s like for others

domb
1mo ago

@_LEE

iĀ“ve been on here for 5 years and didnt see that... thank you lol!

_LEE
1mo ago

YW! it was recently added (like two years ago) that's why

cloud
1mo ago

@Dan

it would be useful to have keyboard shortcuts in the editor such as ctrl+z to undo brush strokes, ctrl+shift+z to redo brush strokes, etc.

torchic
1mo ago

thread search bar?? i wanna look at old conversations for nostalgia but i cant find them

@torchic

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHIihihihiihiiiIIIHIhIhIHIIhiGI:

sussy1234
1mo ago

rotate canvas so itā€™s easier to draw (like in procreate and flipaclip)

Can u add more shapes to the editor besides Square and Circle?

spoinko
18d ago

@Dan I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!

okay, so.. what if, in order to have sound, we have something like scratch? a royalty free library of sounds! handpicked by dan! :D

basically, there could be liek a lil button to add a sound to a frame, and there would be a BUNCH of sounds, like a punch sound! but maybe have multiple variants of it so it isnt the same sound for each punch... and there could be maybe a little editor to edit the sound to your liking!(such as changing pitch, shortening it, so on) no recording feature or import!(to avoid copyright issues :P)

so, you could attach a sound to a frame, once you play the animation and the frame is visible, the sound will play! there could be a punch sound.. a woosh sound.. maybe some ambient noises too? and a pop sound for text i suppose xD

overall, it could be really cool! and it could solve the copyright issue!

@spoinko said:

@Dan I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!
okay, so.. what if, in order to have sound, we have something like scratch? a royalty free library of sounds! handpicked by dan! :D
basically, there could be liek a lil button to add a sound to a frame, and there would be a BUNCH of sounds, like a punch sound! but maybe have multiple variants of it so it isnt the same sound for each punch... and there could be maybe a little editor to edit the sound to your liking!(such as changing pitch, shortening it, so on) no recording feature or import!(to avoid copyright issues :P)
so, you could attach a sound to a frame, once you play the animation and the frame is visible, the sound will play! there could be a punch sound.. a woosh sound.. maybe some ambient noises too? and a pop sound for text i suppose xD
overall, it could be really cool! and it could solve the copyright issue!

YASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-sussy

also @Dan, could we have a countdown of days till we can change our username pls?? i think that would be a really good idea since some of us get impatient...

-Sussy!

@Dan can we also have more detailed profile pictures?

the ability to make fill actually fill. the tiny pixels annoy me

@Dan

Question - can students/classes using this site see the animations that WE create? Or is there a special page that they can only see and stuff

Also can we have tags (like #LOL or #amongusbombombombombombombom or #harharjarharharharharharahrahrahrhar)

crop and select tool for selecting a part of your drawing and resizing it or moving it

Please sign in to post a comment